Last Updated on
Does your garbage disposal need a little refreshing? With everything that goes into the disposal, odds are that odors could be accumulating in there. Try this simple DIY recipe to make your own garbage disposal refreshers to help freshen, clean, and deodorize your garbage disposal.
I have a very sensitive nose for odd smells, and it was just recently the tI discovered that a lot of the odors that I couldn’t seem to get rid of no matter how much cleaning I did were coming from my garbage disposal. Ewwwww!
I tried several different things to get rid of those odors, but they would always seem to come back.
I discovered this recipe, and I wish I could remember where I found it; but once I tried it, I never had an issue with odors coming from the disposal again. YAY!!!
The recipe is simple, and I’m guessing you have almost all of them on hand right now!
I’ve been working really hard to eliminate toxins from our home, especially because we live in such a tiny space. I’ve noticed that since I’ve been able to switch to using essential oils for 95% of my cleaning recipes, I’m not getting as many headaches, and my allergies seem to be improving over time.
Another bonus is that I don’t feel the need to wear gloves when cleaning. Not worrying about if I’m coming into contact with harsh chemicals has been such a relief!
Garbage Disposal Refresher Recipe
- Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Add castile soap and essential oil into mixture.
- Add water one tablespoon at a time while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of “damp sand”. It should stay together when you press it together. If you add too much water just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.
- Grab a tablespoon measurement device and scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
- Once the mixture has been scooped, let dry for 24 hours or until they are hard. One batch should make about 36 garbage disposal refreshers.
- Put into glass jar and use the next time you do dishes! Just put 1–3 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on. You will immediately smell refreshing Lemon essential oil.