Orange Essential Oil: 10 Ways to Use + Benefits
Last Updated on
Cold pressed from the peels of oranges, Wild Orange oil has a wide variety of domestic, industrial, and medicinal uses.
What are the benefits of Wild Orange Essential Oil?
Some of the primary benefits of Wild Orange essential oil include:
- Orange essential oil provides relief from inflammation, whether internal or external. regardless of the reason.
- It can help you avoid fungal and septic issues wherever there is a cut or abrasion.
- It rids your body of excess gas and flushes out the excess toxins. It promotes urination which eliminates toxins like uric acid, bile, excess salts, excess water, and pollutants.
- It is a natural sedative and alleviates anxiety, anger, depression, and helps you to relax after a hard day at the office.
- It has been shown to have the potential to be effective as an insecticide and may help in the elimination of houseflies.
Is it Safe?
I think so, but with any citrus oil, it may cause photosensitivity when exposed to sunlight within 12+ hours of use. Use at night, or only on the unexposed skin to avoid a reaction. Always test for skin sensitivity prior to widespread use and use on the feet when possible. Excessive use of any oil can lead to skin sensitization. Keep out of eyes, ears, or nose.
Top Ten Uses for Wild Orange Essential Oil:
1. The aromatic use of orange can calm the nervous system and the mind. Try rubbing a drop between your hands and cupping to your nose in times of stress.
2. It is effective in helping to reduce constipation. Mix 2 drops of Wild Orange essential oil with 2 drops of coconut oil and massage in a clockwise rotation over the entire abdomen. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
3. It can be used to relieve digestive upset. Add a drop to a glass of water, or add 1-2 drops to a carrier oil and massage into the upper abdomen to kickstart a sluggish digestive system.
4. When used consistently throughout the cold season, it helps to increase your immune system response. You can apply it topically or use 3-4 drops in your diffuser.
5. It can help to regulate hormones and relieve the symptom of hot flashes. Massage 1-2 drops into the base of the neck and over the front of the neck.
6. Consider using Peppermint oil in a blend with the Wild Orange essential oil. Great morning blend or afternoon pick me up.
7. It is very effective in calming the nervous system and the mind and relieving stress. Try rubbing a drop between your palms and then cupping your hands to your nose to inhale deeply in times of stress.
8. Wild Orange can be used to increase appetite in dogs. Put one drop on the dog’s paw so he/she can smell the oil. You could also add 1-2 drops to a small amount of coconut oil, and use your hands to massage your dog’s tummy.
9. During the hot days of summer, when we are outdoors, running, biking, going to the beach, kids going to summer camp, proper hydration is a key to staying healthy and fit. Wild Orange essential oil added to water tastes wonderful and can encourage you or a child to drink a full glass to rehydrate.
10. Wild Orange essential oil is a fantastic addition to wool dryer balls. Add 3-4 drops to each dryer ball, and discover the wonderful scent your clean clothes have.
Bringing it all together
As you can see, Orange essential oil has a lot of awesome uses and benefits. If you want to get some of your own, click here to grab it at retail, or for even better savings, consider becoming a wholesale customer. For $35 a year, you will have wholesale pricing for what I truly believe is the purest essential oils on the market. There is no obligation to purchase anything, but I like to think of the membership like Costco. When the time comes to renew, if you choose to do so, DōTerra sends you a free bottle of Peppermint oil! So awesome!
If you want to know more, please email me here. I would be thrilled to help you begin your journey with essential oils!