The Sunshine Blogger Award
Last Updated on
I am honored to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This is an award given to bloggers by fellow bloggers to encourage and support each other! It’s also a fun way to get to know each other a little better.
Julie’s blog, Tree of Life Yoga and Wellness is full of inspiration for living a holistic and natural life. I’m a recent subscriber, so I am excited to learn more from Julie in the future. For sure I recommend her blog!
This award is given to bloggers who show creativity, positivity, and inspiration. Once a blogger is nominated, they are required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Here are my answers to questions posted by Julie from Tree of Life Yoga and Wellness!.
- How long have you been blogging?
This is a great question! I’ve tried to start a blog off and on over the past 5 years, but it was only last month that things started “clicking” in my head. So officially, one month this weekend – unofficially…5 years.
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving dessert?
No question – pumpkin pie. I absolutely love pumpkin everything, but pumpkin pie is my fave!
- What is your most favorite thing about blogging?
The community of bloggers is my favorite thing – and I think it’s what keeps me excited to learn and try new things. I wish I had known about the blogger community when I tried to start other blogs in the past.
- What was the first concert you attended? If you haven’t been to one, who would you like to see?
My very first concert was Alabama at a county fair in 1992. It’s still my favorite concert to date.
- What is your favorite yoga pose? Don’t have one? Then what is a favorite physical activity you like to do?
Oh, I so wish I could get myself into a yoga routine. I do stretch often using Child’s Pose. I prefer lifting, and need to get better disciplined about that too. Now that we are settling here in South Texas for a while, I think I can get back into a fitness routine.
- Who is someone that has recently inspired you? Tell a little about how they inspired you.
This is going to sound cheesy, but about a month ago, when I decided that now is the time to me to take blogging seriously, I dove into Twitter and searched for bloggers. I also started reading a lot of content from Ruth Soukup and Rosemarie Groner. I’m inspired by everyone who publishes despite not having it all perfect. I’m inspired by Ruth and Rosmarie because they are where I would like to be someday.
- What is the last book that you read? Would you recommend it? Why or why not?
I listen to a lot of audiobooks; most recently I listened to The Alchemist, Tuesdays With Morrie and What I Know For Sure. My goal for this month is to listen to 4 books and read 4. I better get busy!
What is the most challenging thing about blogging for you?
Growing an email list. The technical side to it. Knowing where to add opt-ins, how to make my blog “pretty”. These are the things that keep me awake at night.
- What is one unique thing about you many people do not know?
This is a hard question to answer. I prefer being my own boss over working for someone else, but I’m not sure that is really unique.I love NASCAR. That also might not be unique, but it’s something I look forward to every weekend. During the off season, I wait impatiently for the next one.
- Where would you choose to go for a full week of rest and relaxation, if you could go anywhere?
This week, I would choose France. I have always wanted to go there, and I imagine that it’s beautiful this time of year.
- What are 3-5 words that best describe your personality?
Another great question! The three words that I would choose to describe me would be determined, curious, and sarcastic.
Please join in the fun! This is a great way for us to support and encourage each other on this blogging journey. I look forward to reading the nominees answers to the questions. Thanks again Julie from Tree of Life Yoga and Wellness for the nomination!
My 11 Questions for the 11 Nominees:
What is your blog workflow? Do you have a system to keep you on track or do you shoot from the hip?
- What are your favorite ways to recharge your batteries?
- Coffee or tea? If neither one, what’s your beverage of choice?
- What brings you the most joy in your life?
- If you could, would you go tiny? Why or why not?
- What’s your best tip to stay focused on your blog?
- Do you have a favorite holiday tradition? What is it?
- What are your favorite blogging tools?
- What’s something you are the most proud of?
- What is your favorite social media channel and why?
- What is your blog workflow? Do you have a system to keep you on track or do you shoot from the hip?
- What are your top 3 goals for 2019 and your blog?
Nominated for Sunshine Blogger Award,Thanks @JulieChristy16!Here’s my post https://t.co/2hDxs2iIRl my nominees: @BecomingSchultz @ForeverBlsdBlog @sundaywithsandy @LifesStyleBlog @EvolEndeavor @BGbloggers @lifeascraig @OurSecret_Blog @provincialwoman @crunchy_funky @StepsShe pic.twitter.com/phYahgErS3
— joyfultinyliving (@joyfultinylife) November 19, 2018